Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Friends in Stitches

Tuesdays are my sewing days.


Every Tuesday for the the past three (?) years, I have been meeting with a group of women to quilt. We are a dozen women in our 30's (barely), 40's, 50's an 60's. We share a passion for quilting, though our politics, backgrounds, families, economic situations, and even our senses of humor are quite different. We started as an off-shoot of the Quinobequin Quilters Guild (Wellesley MA).


Like most of the women's groups I've known through my life, we tend to support each other through tough times, give each other unsolicitated advice, lots of hugs, and we love to share joy and laughter. We've shared fabric and techniques and tips. We've supported each other's burgeoning businesses. We've pushed each other out of our comfort zones creatively and in our lives.


I'm very thankful for these friends, all but one who were new to me before the group. I'm also grateful to have a life where I can meet for four hours once a week to celebrate quilting and enjo each other's company


Today I quilted one of my signature slasher quilts. I also worked on two more purses. One is a tote bag with Japanese fabrics (I should finish that tomorrow). The second is a purse made from a knitted bag. A customer of mine knitted the purse, and I lined it and put on the handles.




No comments:

Post a Comment